(fyi- this post includes an affiliate link)
I am sitting here, trying to come up with something to write about this crochet doily pattern, and suddenly I’m realizing how utterly pointless doilies are. I can not think of one thing to tell you about this pattern, other than the fact that I have no idea what to tell you about it.
Like seriously, what is the purpose of a doily!?
Luckily for you, the uselessness of crochet doilies has not prevented me from making one.
However useless they are, they are still really pretty! And I still love them! Go figure.
For this doily, I created a subtle point on each petal and I really love how it looks. It reminds me of a dahlia flower and their beautiful petals.
Any size yarn/crochet hook will do, depending on how big you want your doily.
I used Vanna’s Choice in Eggplant (affiliate link, thanks!) and a size I crochet hook
sl st- slip stitch
sc- single crochet
dc- double crochet
Gauge: not necessary in this pattern
Here’s how to make your own Dahlia Doily:
1. Ch 3. Sl st in first ch to form loop. Ch 2. 11 dc in center of loop. Sl st in first ch 2.
2. Ch 2. Dc in same st. 2 dc in each remaining st. Sl st in first ch 2.
3. Ch 5. *Sk next st. Dc in next st. Ch 3. Repeat from * around. Sl st in 3rd ch from first ch 5.
4. Ch 1. *3 sc in ch 3 space. Sc in dc. Repeat from * around. Sl st in first ch 1.
5. Ch 6. Sk next 3 sts. Sc in next st. *Ch 6. Sk next 3 sts. Sc in next st. Repeat from * around. Sl st in first ch of first ch 6.
6. Ch 1. *(3 dc. Ch 2. Sc in first ch of ch 2. 3 dc) in ch 6 space. Sc in next sc. Repeat from * around. Sl st in first ch 1. Fasten off. Weave in loose end.
And now that I’ve made it to the end of the post, I’ve come up with a few ways to use this lovely little dahlia doily. It would be a lovely centerpiece for a dining or coffee table, and if you used a fine yarn and small crochet hook, it would be a beautiful accent in a picture frame or on a scrapbook page.
And my last two ideas for this doily pattern I’ll share with you another day…
What do you think? What do you use crochet doilies for!?