Last week, I gave you a little peek at this v-stitch blanket that I’ve been working on. I am so excited to finally be finished! This luxuriously soft crochet blanket is going off to the home of a sweet newly wed couple that my mom knows and I hope they get some serious snuggle time with it!
This blanket was really simple to make, but here are the steps I took:
5 skeins Lion Brand Yarn in Golden (affiliate link)
Small amount contrasting color for border
Size L/11 crochet hook
Abbreviations to know:
sl st- slip stitch
dc- double crochet
v-stitch- (dc, ch 1, dc)
Gauge not necessary for this project!
1. Ch until you have desired width, making sure the # of chains is a multiple of 3.
2. V-stitch into 6th ch from hook. *Sk next 2 sts. V-stitch in next st. Repeat from * across until 3 sts remain. Sk next 2 sts. Dc in last st. Turn.
3. Ch 2. V-stitch into ch 1 space of each v-stitch across. Dc in last st.
4. Repeat step 3 until you have reached desired length.
5. Dc around all 4 sides of the blanket, keeping stitches evenly spaced. Fasten off.
6. With contrasting yarn, sl st in bottom of any dc from the previous step. Continue to sl st around in this way. Sl st into first sl st and fasten off.
7. Optional- add tassels to 4 corners of the blanket!
It took me a little while to figure out what kind of border I wanted for this blanket. I first thought about making it ruffly by adding a lot of double crochets but then I saw the idea to slip stitch in a contrasting color, and I loved it!
The yarn I used gives the blanket such great texture and I can’t even explain how soft it is. The tassels give the blanket just the right amount of fancy detail. I think this blanket will be the perfect couch throw!
I can’t wait for it to find it’s place in a new home!