a helpful husband untangling my mess of yarn :: a cautious Ande :: cake cookies
I thought I would salute the end of the week with a few things I’m thankful for.
1. I’m thankful for a husband who supports me and my crafty craziness. Our dining room table is most often covered in fabric scraps and strings and I’ve never once heard him complain. He also spent close to an hour helping me untangle an unruly piece of yarn. That’s love.
2. I’m thankful for funny moments with the kids, like when Ande insisted on wearing his bike helmet in the car, followed by Owen getting his leg stuck in the helmet strap.
3. I’m thankful for easy to bake sweet treats, like cake cookies. Although, I wouldn’t recommend the “strawberry” flavored cake mix. Not the best flavor for a cookie. Maybe we’ll do rainbow chip next time.
4. I’m thankful for a good hair cut. I usually go close to a year between trims…I know, I know. I finally got my hair cut yesterday and it was just what I needed. A good head massage, some time alone, and a good hair thinning out. How have I gone this long in life without anyone ever suggesting I thin out my thick locks of heaviness? Seriously. I was getting so many headaches because of my hair being so thick. You could have made wigs for a small nation with all of the hair he took off. I feel light as a feather now.
5. I’m thankful for help. This past Sunday my sweet new friend held and entertained Owen for most of church, which is no easy task. And throughout the week, as I’ve had to take it easy because some of early contractions, my kids, husband, and mom have been there to lend a hand.
You’d think it was Thanksgiving or something with all this thankfulness.
I guess I’m just feeling the love this week (maybe I’m finally past the “grumps?”).
How was your week?